- DAY 1: Bordeaux (embark) – Arrive at Bordeaux-Merignac International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship. FEATURED EXCURSION: Cadillac, Chateaux and Sauternes vineyards with exclusive artisanal wine-pairing lunch at Chateau de Cazeneuve.
- DAY 2: Cadillac Bordeaux – Embark today on a fascinating study of Sauternes, the highly prized, golden-hued dessert wine that takes its name from the region. Meet friendly local winemakers, sample a variety of fine vintages and savour an elegant lunch with paired wines at Château de Cazeneuve, an 85-acre estate with a centuries-old manor house. In the evening, enjoy a Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.(Note: Sailing on this stretch of the Garonne depends on the tides. If it is not possible to sail to Cadillac, you will be taken to your destination via motorcoach.) FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Médoc panoramic tour with exclusive wine tasting OR exclusive guided “Go Active” vineyard bicycle ride with wine tasting
- DAY 3: Cruising the Garonne River and Gironde Estuary, Pauillac – Cruise the Garonne to the pretty town of Pauillac, gateway to the fabled Médoc wine route. You’ll have a panoramic tour of the heart of the celebrated Haut-Médoc wine-growing region and taste wines at a local winery. As an alternative, you can choose to experience the local terroir in an entirely different and memorable way, with a wine tasting and a guided bike ride through the lush Médoc vineyards.
- DAY 4: Blaye, cruising the Gironde Estuary and Dordogne River, Libourne – FEATURED EXCURSION: Scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress – Head ashore for a wonderfully scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie, which winds its way through picturesque hamlets filled with old stone houses. Later, you’ll have a guided walk through the imposing 17th-century Blaye Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- DAY 5: Libourne (Saint-Emilion) – Saint-Émilion was the first UNESCO-designated wine-growing region, and its verdant vineyards have flourished since ancient Roman times. The quaint city of the same name is known for its 12th-century Monolithic Church, carved out of limestone rock and extending partially underground. After your walking discovery tour, make your way to the cellars of a Premier Grand Cru estate for a wine tasting. FEATURED EXCURSION: Saint-Émilion walking discovery tour with wine tasting.
- DAY 6: Libourne, cruising the Garonne River, Bordeaux – Libourne’s sprawling farmers’ market is a food lover’s paradise, with stands selling fresh produce, cheeses, charcuterie and more. Explore its bounty with a local expert and take a peek inside the workshops of talented local artisans. Later, enjoy an exclusive evening tour of the city of Bordeaux. FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Libourne “Village Day” with farmers’ market, and exclusive private evening tour of Bordeaux .
- DAY 7: Bordeaux – Discover the best of the city of Bordeaux on a special guided walking tour that features luxury food halls, local delicacies such as canelés and chocolates, grand 18th-century architecture and a popular wine bar. Or, you can choose to “Go Active” and see the sights on a guided bike ride. You’ll also have free time to explore this charming and historic city on your own. In the evening, enjoy a Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner. FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of exclusive “Do as the Locals Do” Bordeaux walking tour OR exclusive guided “Go Active” bicycle ride through the Bordeaux backstreets.
- DAY 8: Bordeaux (disembark), transfer to the airport – Disembark the ship and transfer to Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport for your flight home.
Full information in the tour flyer (220K PDF). Please contact us for prices.